Starting The Linear Drive Revolution
The Horizon CMM breaks new ground in design and innovation using frictionless linear drives, which are the key to its fast and exceptionally smooth motion.
The kinematic isolated drive structure is completely independent of the CMM structure and ensures that the motor thrust is directed through the centre of gravity of the moving parts. This not only avoids acceleration induced metrology errors but also has the effect of thermally isolating the motors from the metrology structure of the CMM.
The Horizon is a standout machine with fast, smooth, silent motion ideally suited to contact scanning and with a first-term accuracy specification of under two microns.
Linear motors are non-contact and therefore have no wearing parts and thus provide the perfect solution for CMM drives, improving reliability and reducing maintenance.
- Linear motors offer frictionless, smooth, silent motion
- Drives applied through the centre of gravity improves both speed and accuracy
- Thermal isolation of motors from metrology structure
- Smooth motion ideal for contact scanning
- Aberlink’s revolutionary easy-to-use measurement software
- Shortest learning curve of any equivalent system – 1 day without prior CMM experience
- Choice of Y axis sizes ranging from 1000mm to 2000mm
- Suitable for the workshop environment
- Industrial joystick supplied as standard
- Free stylus change rack with every motorised probe head upgrade